Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tapped Out the Libaray Collection

No more Domenic Stansberry books at my library. Finished Chasing the Dragon and The Big Boom this weekend, both of them part of the Dante Mancuso series. CTD is the first with Dante who has been ordered by the Company to return to San Francisco from his stint in New Orleans, still susceptible to the bad habits he picked up there and and haunted by the violence he participated in. The Big Boom is a bit more current, with the boom being the bust of the tech bubble.

Actually, I think I am also tapped out on Stansberry. Not that I liked them any less, but that there seemed to be nothing new, nothing quotable in them. Looking back, I think I liked The Confession the best, as best crafted and scariest.

Not sure where my wandering eyes will take me next. Closing in on November, I have reserved some political satire and am still rereading A Hundred Years of Solitude for book club this month. Actually feel like a breather, wanting to race through seasons two and three of Mad Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment