Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who Cares Who Killed Palomino Molero

I’m sorry Nobel Prize winner Llosa. This murder mystery would not even be nominated for an Edgar. It appears to be an exercise in a genre done for a lark or to use that type of story to continue your theme of corruption in the military and government. The local policemen are portrayed as buffoons, even the lieutenant who majestically seems to intuit the motive and criminal. Townspeople are even more stereotypical, frightened of strangers, seeing intrigue and plots beyond facts staring them in the face. The book is so short, it does not merit an analysis of structural devices or the use of language. I hope I find one of your novels I like. I don’t want to end up like that woman in the elevator yesterday who when I asked her which of your books she liked the best after she noticed me carrying The Perpetual Orgy to the library, said she didn’t like then at all … her husband did.

No comments:

Post a Comment