Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ending the Year with a Few Favorite Authors

Now that I am venturing back into the town library, I have fallen into temptation and grabbed a couple of my favorite contemporary "easy reading" authors' latests to rush through the last week of the year.  Finished JD Robb's Delusion in Death yesterday.  (Probably should have spent more time getting a better taste to Christmas dinner, but anyway ...)  If I recall, the previous one of hers I read this year was quite subpar; this one a bit better although 2060 and its technology does not seem that unusual to me anymore nor does the concept of Urban Wars.  It was an interesting themed book to read after all the mass murders of 2012, showing what damage can be done without guns, and emphasizing the depraved motives of a criminal mind.

The other book I will complete shortly and then review is James Lee Burke's latest Creole Belle, thankfully, he has returned to NoLa from Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment